Are you new to Poshmark? Are you a buyer and seller on Poshmark? What should a new Posher expect and how does one navigate the Poshmark App? Why would you buy clothes online without trying the item on first? How does a seller upload photo of their clothes and accessories on the App and what are the rules? These are just a few of the many questions I will be covering here on Layered Pages for the next few weeks. Today, I am going to be focusing on buying and what people need to know and do before they purchase an item from a posher.
You have signed up to by clothes on Poshmark and you’re not sure where to begin. Here are a few steps to follow before purchasing your first item.
- The Poshmark App is a site where people can sell and buy clothes, shoes, purses, wallets, jewelry, scarves and so on…The site tends to cater to the trendier fashions.
- You can follow closets/people who have the same brands you added when signing up and as you follow more closets/people, you will be able to see their listings in the “feed” of your Poshmark App. You can also click on the button at the top right corner of the App that looks like a person with a plus sign next to it. It will navigate you to several options of different ways to follow closets.
- Be sure to know your measurements when considering an item to purchase. Be aware that just because you wear a size medium top or size 8 jeans, doesn’t mean it will fit you. So how do you know to make the decision to buy the item? 1. Know your measurements. 2. Read the description the Posher gives carefully. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Poshers are nice and helpful. 3. Familiarizes yourself with styles and how they fit you.
- Poshmark has a great feature for buyers. You can make an “offer” price on the item you are considering to buy. Poshers LOVE when buyers make an offer on their items. Most likely they will counter your offered price and you can counter that as well. Once its decided on price the Posher will click accept. Sometimes, Poshers have to decline an offer. Don’t fret or get upset. Keep in mind that they are considering their cost of clothes and Poshmark’s fees they have to pay.
- You can make a bundle in a person’s closet. What is a bundle? It is an option to add several clothes-like a shopping cart-to consider purchasing. Bundles are a great way to save and to get discounting shipping. When you start a bundle most likely the Posher will be following your bundle and after a certain time they will make an offer.
- The “like button” is a great feature on Poshmark. When you like an item, Poshmark stores your likes and you are able to keep track of an item. Also, if you like an item, most times the Posher will send you a discount price on the item.
- Be sure to carefully read the Poshmark Guide and Etiquette before starting your purchasing and selling.
- When you receive your purchase item(s) in the mail be sure to get back on the App and accept the purchase. You’ll understand that feature more once you do it. Also, be sure to rate your item and leave a love note to your Posher. What is a love note? It is comments about what you think about the item(s) you purchased and your experience with the Posher you bought from. They are really important so please be sure to use that feature.
- One of the many thing I love about buying from Poshmark is the nice notes and little gifts I’ve received from the sellers. So far, I’ve had a positive experience buying on the App.
- Poshmark is a social media app and it is good to be active on the site and to get to know you the people you buy from.
If you have any questions regarding Poshmark, please don’t hesitate to ask. My next post about Poshmark will be about how I came to be a buyer and seller on the App and I will be talking about if Poshmark is user friendly for sellers. I will also be addressing, how sellers upload photos of their clothes and accessories on the App and I will be going over the guidelines and the like.
Follow my closet @artsycouture42 and use my code: ARTYCOUTURE42 to get a free $5 credit when signing up for Poshmark!
Stephanie M. Hopkins