Today I’m sharing a few recent journal pages I created and journal prompt ideas. I had lots of fun making these and I will be journal writing on the opposite page. This particular journal is an altered mixed media book. Art Collages are a great way to express mood and can represent many different meanings of your life and creativity. You don’t have to create art for your pages. You can just write. Your journal is your own to do what you wish. There is no wrong way or right way to it.
Do you want to start a journal? I know how it feels to get started on a journal for the first time. If you are new to journaling or want to get started, it can look daunting. I promise you; it isn’t. Journaling is an amazing way to learn more about yourself and to look back on where you’ve started and how far you’ve come. How can one get started? Will this be something you can do on a regular basis?
Some don’t write in their journal everyday and some people do. The best way to get started is to journal for 30 days straight. You will be amazed how much it will open your heart and mind to this profound past-time. This will become your therapy-if you will. This will become a habit, your way of expression and an extension of yourself. Journals are treasures and a look into your soul.
Here are 30 journal prompt ideas to get you started. You can write just one sentences or as many as you choose. Open your heart and see where it takes you. I hope this inspires you and will give even more prompt ideas. -Stephanie Hopkins
- Write a letter to your past.
- Write a letter to your future
- Places you enjoy visiting.
- Favorite movies.
- Favorite books.
- Current book. What you like or dislike about it.
- Your favorite songs.
- Your top five short term goals.
- Your top five long term goals.
- Your spiritual journey.
- Inspirational quotes.
- Thoughts of the day.
- Five things you love about yourself.
- Daily goals.
- What life means to you.
- Write about the qualities you look for in friendship.
- Favorite poem.
- Write your own poem. (One of my favorite journal prompts.)
- What makes you happy.
- What makes you sad and what can you do to change that?
- Write about your current mood.
- Favorite school subject and why.
- Write about your favorite possession that you cannot live a day without.
- Write about what you are good at.
- Write about your weekend.
- Write about what you see around you.
- Write about a current event happening in the world.
- Write about your pet.
- Write a wish-list about hobbies you want to do.
- Write about your favorite flower or tree.
(Images may be subjected to copyright. All book reviews, interviews, guest posts, art work, photos and promotions are originals. In order to use any text or pictures from Layered Pages, please ask for permission from Stephanie.)